Thursday, January 15, 2009

Pictures from Mexico!

ALL THE WAY FROM MEXICO! This picture is from the mission home in Torreon Mexico. This is when Clay first got to Mexico and doesn't he look scared to death. I am sure a lot was running through his head at this time like what in the heck am I doing :)
This is Clay in front of one of the many Catholic churches they have over there. He said they are all really pretty. He looks happy in this picture.

This is a great picture of him and his companion Elder Lopez. He is a native and is from Puebla Mexico. Clay really likes him. They live in a dump of a place but looks like they are both happy. They have to wake up every morning and turn on the boiler to heat the water to take a shower. On Christmas morning they had no gas to turn on the boiler so they just got a bucket of water and plugged in the iron and put it in the water to heat the water! Yep! Can you believe that. Quess it is quite common over there to do that. It's crazy to me. Clay said he just got a little bit of a shock :)

This is by far my most favorite picture. Doesn't he look so happy. He is washing his clothes on a scrub board and freezing. He said it took him 3 hours to wash his clothes this way. Sometimes they get to wash there clothes at members homes. But not this time! I am so grateful for the experiences he is having. He is loving his mission and the spanish is coming along finally. I will try to be a better blogger. I wanted to wait until I recieved some pictures before I posted. Sorry it's been so long. I am still new at this and am not quite sure what I am doing. That's why I have two pictures of my favorite picture on this blog because I don't know how to get the second one off. HA! Oh well I know you love looking at our happy boy twice.







6 comments:

Mauzy Fam said...

Good post Mom! I loved seeing the pictures. He does look so happy cleaning his clothes in that disgusting thing. Next time when you want to delete a picture just click on the picture and hit delete on your keyboard. Miss you - hope things are going good!

dustin and amy said...

Aren't his pictures so cute! I loved the one of him washing his clothes! Its' so good to see him smiling and sooo happy! We miss you over here! Embry doesn't know what to do without her Banka. We need to come visit you guys soon before the baby is born!

Jana and Brett said...

Happy Birthday Rhonda! I just saw Niki's post on her blog, and I thought I'd come over here and tell ya Happy Birthday! Hope your day is grand. :0)

Tyler and Bryna said...

Oh he looks like he's doing so good!!!! I watch niki sing that was so cute!!!! How are you guys doing? I miss you!!! How's SV? We're still waiting to hear from BP for Tyler and hopefully we'll be able to move down there soon. Well i love you so much!!!

Dyanna said...

O wow Clay is looking so good! How awesome but this is our blog so please check it you! Love you! I'm so glad I found you!

The Seiuli's said...

Rhonda hello!
i'm so glad you found me and i'm so glad you have a blog. awesome! i can't believe how much your family has grown. they are beautiful. clayton sounds like he is doing great. how fun! being a mom is the best as you know very well. so corey takes his bp test april 14th. i hope he gets in, i would love to move back down there. so would my parents!!!!! keep keeping in touch! love you!